Tuesday, April 03, 2007

04/02/07 ME Squat

Low Box Squat w/Chains 135x5, 185x5, 225x3, 275x2, 315x3, 365x1, 405x1, 435x1, 455x1, 480x1PR
Romanian Deadlifts 315x3x8
One Big Super-Set
Leg Curls, Ab Pulldowns, SSB Calf Raises
Powerlifting Powerlifting Powerlifting Powerlifting Powerlifting Powerlifting
It sure didnt feel like I was gonna do much on this night, I had a wicked headache from my daughters incessant crying, couldnt figure out what was wrong with her, gas or something. So anyway, she calms down right before I go down to lift but not before she has caused a massive thumping in my head...This was strike one.

Strike two came around 275 on the Low Box w/Chains, this sucker felt heavy and I thought I was in for a long night, so what do I do? Fuck it, I have to do this tonight, cant lift tomorrow.....so I press on....

Finally around 405 things seemed to lighten up a bit, I still wasnt sure how high I was gonna go, I havent done low box squats in ages and my record board shows 430 straight weight as the last PR. Well, 435 got smoked, wasnt even funny, so onto 455.....

Again, 455 flew up, at this point I am very surprised, starting out I didnt expect to crack 405 the way I was feeling...woo-hoo...onto 480, This one flew up, I have total confidence that had I done a normal warm-up and approach 500 would have been attainable, I stopped here. The original goal was to get a ball park of where I was so I will have something to base next weeks percentages off of, I guess I got that.

Romanian Deadlifts were a last second add, I knew I didnt want to do any full range pulling, then went through the Rolodex of money movements in my head and remembered RDL's. I just loaded the bar to 315 and figured go to work, nothing too fancy, but if my memory serves me correct this is much more than I have ever done on this movement, I'll take it. I think next week I will up the poundage and drop the reps....who knows....

The accessory work was uneventful and there wasnt much to write about it, got it done and called it a day....

This week was supposed to be a De-load week, but my trip to switzerland got pushed back two weeks, so I will push the bounds of overtraining and go hard for the next two weeks. As there arent any gym facilities near where I will be staying, I will be relegated to whatever bodyweight exercises I can think up while sitting in my room....Thats it from the Land of Oz.......






Have you said Hi to your neighbors lately?





No comments: