Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Max Effort Bench Press

2 Board Press (80%) 205x5, 245x3, 285x3, 315x3, 335x5x3
KB Extensions 4x6
Static Barbell Rows from Pins 205x4x6
Kettlebell Shoulder & Bicep Triad
Hang Cleans 3x5
Upright Rows 3x5
Hammer Curls 3x5

Though it was Max Effort Bench Press day, I stuck with the 80% range of my 1 rep max and worked to Prilipens Chart. Next week I will hit the 90% range, and the third week I wll PR around 430-440, possibly more if all goes well.

I am totally in love with these MuscleDriver Kettlebells. I always thought kettlbells would be versatile, and these are. I will be writing a review on these in the next couple of days so look out for that one.

So as you can see, since I have received my MuscleDriver Kettlebells my accessory work has revolved around the use of them. I suspect this is due to the "Like a Kid at Christmas" effect. But already I can tell these suckers are gonna help with my shoulder issues. In just the two short weeks I've been messing around with them all shoulder pain is gone, and strength is up, hopefully this will carryover over into a bigger bench, time will tell.

Well enough yackin' about kettlebells and their apparent usefullness, on to Dynamic Effort Squat Day....

No comments: