Friday, January 11, 2008

01/10/08 Sub Maxmal Squat & Deadlift


Sub-Maximal Effort Squat
High Box Squat 250x5, 305x3, 355x3, 405x2, 455x2, 505x3
Dead Lift 405x5x2
Wood Choppers & Ab Pulldowns

Boy, I can’t wait til this get re-acquainted phase is over! My endurance sucks, I have zero confidence, my mechanics are off….jeez. Lesson learned, don’t totally deload for a month and expect to come back where you were at. I am sore as all hell today and didn’t perform half the workload I normally would have, taking a dump has been a chore, I get about 4 inches off the bowl and plunk down the rest of the way, thank god candid camera isn’t around….

Seriously though, I felt pretty good about having 500 on my back. I held back on volume more so to manage the soreness I was expecting to experience. Thank god I did, on this piddly volume I am walking like a blue haired geriatric….no offense to any Q-Tips out there….

Deadlifts were fast, explosive, and quite painful on the hamstrings after squatting. Again, I cant wait until my body gets back in the swing of things. I was doubting my form, overthinking every pull, etc….In the coming year I plan to turn a lot of focus on learning the Deadlift better. This will include technique work, adding more heavy variations and eventually push my DL to around the 650 mark. This ought to be fun.

That’s all for now, cant wait for the weekend, the Patriots are set to go 17-0 if all goes well and they don’t come out flat. But as they say in the NFL, on any given Sunday (I know, I know, its on Saturday)….



Go Patriots!!!
Powerlifting

Keep it Dark, Keep it Heavy!!!

No comments: