Tuesday, April 10, 2007

04/09/07 ME Squat - New Power Bar!!!

Low Box Squat w/Chains 135x5, 225x5, 275x3, 315x2, 365x1, 405x1, 455x1, 475x1, 500x1PR
2" Deficit Deadlifts 405x15x1 (30 Seconds Rest)
powerlifting powerlifting powerlifting
First night using the Texas Power Bar, and all I can say is what a friggin difference between that and my trusty old Sports Authority Special!!! I cant really complain, that bar served me well for my journey to this point, and for a hundred buck how could I really complain.
powerlifting powerlifting powerlifting
Anyway, it seems somehting is going around. My son has Strep Throat and I fear I may be coming down with it as well. My throat is sore, I got a cough, and a headache that comes and goes. No swollen Glands as of yet. Fingers crossed.
powerlifting powerlifting powerlifting
That being said, I was not gonna let that come between me and my first work out with this bar. It is amazing how much easier the squats were with a bar that is not bent and trying like hell to roll off your back!!! Pulling seemed easier too....
powerlifting poowerlifting powerlifting
455 and 475 blew up on the box squat, the 500 went but she was a bit ugly, I pretty much Good Morning'ed the sucker on the top half, got it to rack so it counts right? I was quite happy with this feat given the current sickness...onto deficit pulls....
powerlifting powerlifting powerlifting
I did these off 2 mats which added to the already smaller diameter plates I have made it around a 2" deficit. I performed these in the following fashion: 1 pull followed by 30 seconds rest, repeat 14 more times....quite brutal to be honest.
powerlifting powerlifting powerlifting
After the Deadlifts is when I fully realized I must be coming down with something, so I stopped there and went upstairs for some Meat covered pizza and King of Queens.....The End







No Nonsense Nutrition DVD

No comments: