Tuesday, July 03, 2007

07/02/07 ME Squat

High Box Squat w/Suit Bottoms 275x5, 330x3, 385x2, 445x1, 500x2, 525x2, 545x2, 570x1 500x2x2
RDL's 225x4x8
GHR 3x10
Oblique Pull Downs
I am extremely happy with myself for this workout. There were many factors involved that almost had me pussing out and not training. I had beers last night, not much sleep, it was beautiful outside etc....but I figured what the hell. I am sure to have more beers at some point this week with it being the Fourth of July and all, so skipping today was out of the question.

All things considered the high box squats with suit bottoms went better than expected. The 445 felt like a ton on my back and had that little bastard named Doubt creeping into my head. Another thing, apparently speed took the day off today because all lifts were slow as molasses...

I got up to 545 for a double and was ready to quit, but being the Jive Turkey I am, I decided to put all the weights on the bar and get at least one rep. With 570 on, it went down easy peasy lemon squeezy, I contemplated doubling it as I am sure I had it in me, but the mere fact that I wasnt thinking about squatting saw me re-rack the weight and drop to a more mindless weight for a couple doubles to ensure my volume beat last weeks.....Holy Run-On sentences batman....
The rest was quite uneventful, my eyes felt like they were bulging out of my head (I later found I had popped some Blood Vessels in them) and I had a head ache coming on, time to eat!!! You cant get to the level of Fat Ass Powerlifter without eating, thats for sure....



Anyway, Happy Fourth of July to everyone, take care and dont drink too much beer.....

(BTW, thats me in the front)



Keep it Dark, Keep it Heavy!!!



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
APT Pro Wrist Straps - Dont Let Your Grip Rob You of A Lift
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

No comments: