Tuesday, July 31, 2007

07/30/07 ME Squat

Low Box Squat w/Chains 225x5, 275x3, 315x2, 365x1, 405x1, 435x1, 455x1, 480x1PR
Single Arm KB Swing Throughs 55x3x10
AB Wheel 3x10
AVG Bands GM's 3x15

All is what I can say is it was nice to get back. A week and a half off really messed with my head. I was all depressed and just generally off. Who would have thought that? From now on, injury or no injury, I will not do a total deload.

The Squats went better than anticipated. As previously stated, I was off mentally and had Zero confidence. I felt like I had never lifted before and was thinking working up to 365 would be hard. Come on, its been 1.5 weeks you ass monkey!!! The only real complaints was the speed was non-existent and my mind kept wandering to the ab injury and if it would hold up. The Ab's were a bit flared up, but nothing like they were so all seems good in the land of lollipops. And as far as the speed, that will come back....

315 had me worried a bit, felt like a ton of bricks, but 365 and up felt pretty good on the back. The 455 was a nice strong effort, albeit slow as molasses, I had the air brakes on the whole way. Just being over cautious I guess, 480 was no different, slow... but just a bit harder. I believe this was a PR as I couldnt find anyway in my log where I did more. So I cant complain too much.

The Kettle Bell swing throughs had my lower back and hamstrings screaming. I think as far as the lay off was concerned these were the worse for wear, couple with my piss poor GPP...No more beer for me, that puts the conidtioning right in the dumper I tell you!!!

The AB Wheel was especially grueling, today my abs are tight as all hell despite taking the muscle relaxants I had presribed to me...it should go away soon though, figners crossed!!

All in all it was nice to just do something. Now its time to pick a meet and hit it. I believe there is a bench meet in October. I have met a powerlifter that moved down to NH from Maine and we may be training for it, so that will be nice. But otherwise I got to find a full power meet and get my 80's era powerlifting gear out on the scene!!! Who knows, maybe one of these days I'll drop some dough on some Metal or something.....



Keep it Dark, Keep it Heavy!!!



No comments: