Thursday, July 06, 2006

07/05 DL Opener

Deadlift 135x5, 225x3, 315x1, 365x1, 420x2x1-Once with Squat suit
Rev Hypers 60x4x8
AB Wheel 3x15-No PR's on this Day
GHR w/Avg Band 3x8

Decided to work up to my opener and my warm-up approach and see how everything is, again no pain so that is good, but still not much pop either, not so good. i slapped on my loose squat suit to try and remedy that and did one, but i just dont like the postition this puts me into. My hips end up a bit higher than without the suit and im all bent over. So no suit for the meet. I figure my attempts to go like this 410 opener, 460-475 2nd, 510-525 final. All dependant on how i feel come saturday. The rest of the workout was just the boring support work, nothing too fancy...thats it for now, adios amigos............

7 comments:

nhpowerlifter said...

How easy is this opener at 420 for you?

PowerLifter1974 said...

Easy, i almost want to go higher, my original plan was to go 450, 500, then anywhere between 525-550, not sure i can hit that right now though....

nhpowerlifter said...

GHR w/Avg Band - how do you do these with a band?

PowerLifter1974 said...

i do these off my bench, feet anchored by BB on #2 pin, and use the avg band for assistance...second time doing these and not too sure if i like the way they feel on the knee's....makes your ham's hurt like a son-of-a-bitch the next though, good times.....

Michael said...

Just saw your openers on the previous page and they sound good. I like to make 50 pound jumps from my 1st to 2nd attempt but I train for that by making 100-200 pound jumps in training. The best way to determine a third attempt is if you had a max double under meet conditions then you are good for 25 pounds more for a single. The best tip I can give you though is don't do anything at the meet that you haven't done in training. Good luck and white lights to you!!

Jon said...

If it's real easy, you might want to bump it up a bit. The jumps would be a bit smaller then.

PowerLifter1974 said...

Thanks Guys, i think i will adjust my DL opener up a bit, the bench i will probably keep.