Monday, March 31, 2008

High Box Squat PR....Again?

Max Effort Squat
High Box Squat w/Champion Suit Bottoms 300x5, 365x3, 425x2, 485x1, 545x1, 585x1, 615x1PR
(For Reference: In my basement a High Box is set at Parallel, a Low box is around 1-2 inches below...)
Rack Pulls (Just above Knees) 405x3, 455x3, 505x3, 555x3, (Straps On) 605x3, 650x3
(For Reference: In my basement a Rack Pulls are approx 2 inches above the knee cap...)
Done...

What a day, What a day....I must say, I am really enjoying having over 600lbs of weight in the basement. I dont feel my powerlifting endeavors are running with a governor on them any more. Cant wait to see where it takes me...

So, for the second week in a row I hit a PR on the High Box Squat w/Champion Suit Bottoms, I think I had another 15-20 in me, who knows. In keeping with my latest approach of not going to failure, I left it there to experiment with some Rack Pulls above the knee. Plus, I am pretty happy at the moment, I never thought I would see the day I would possess a 600 pound squat.

This was my first foray into Rack Pulls above the knee. In the past they have always been about 2 inches below. I really think above the knee pulling will help with what has now become my weak point in the pull, the lockout. Time will tell. I worked up to a pretty grueling 650x3, I believe if I had less volume leading up I am capable of pulling 700 a couple times with straps. In the future I guess...

Well thats it for now, have a good one....



I squatted that dude!

powerlifting



Keep it Dark, Keep it Heavy!!!

No comments: