Tuesday, March 04, 2008

Last Few Workouts...

02/28/08
Max Effort Squat
High Box Squat w/ Average Bands 205x5, 245x3, 285x3, 325x3, 365x3, 405x5x3
Romanian Deadlifts 315x4x8
Kettlebell crap to round it all out....

Who would've thought Powerlifting and giant rubber bands would mix so well? High Box Squat w/ Average Bands were brutal, especially as I havent used bands in quite some time. My lower back was fried! So what better movement to follow that up with than Romanian Deadlifts, I had to lay down for a few minutes after this one two punch...good lord!


03/01/08
Max Effort Bench Press
2 Board Press 205x5, 245x3, 295x2, 340x2, 365x5x3
KB Tricep Extensions 4x7
Kettlebell Giant Set
Hang Cleans 3x6
Upright Rows 3x6
Hammer Curls 3x6

Got some good old fashion volume in today for Max Effort Bench Press. This weight represented about 85% of my 1 Rep Max and complied with Prilipins chart, next week I will work with weight in the 90%+ range and most likely hit a PR. Powerlifting is not exactly an exact science, but the premise stays the same, lift heavy shit and get stronger, guess we'll see...



03/03/08
Dynamic Effort Squat
Dynamic Effort Box Squat w/Safety Squat Bar 295x4x2, 315x4x2
Lying Monster Mini Leg Curls 4x15
Single Arm Kettlebell Swingthrough 6 Per Side x 2x3
Bunch of rotational Kettlebell crap and messed around with Double Kettlebell Cleans

Speed was fast, felt very powerful tonight for some reason. Next week i will move up to performing all sets with 315 which represents around 65% of my last 1 rep max, speed permitting of course. The accessory work was what it was, though I will say the Single Arm Kettlebell Swingthrough killed me. Basically, I would perform 6 reps on one arm, then swap and do 6 reps on the other, then swap and do 6 more on the first side and finish up the set with 6 on the other. This cycle was perform 3 times and I felt like my lungs were going to explode. Not to mention my lower back and hamstrings were burning like hell!!! Who said theres no place for cardiko in Powerlifting?



Keep it Dark, Keep it Heavy!!!

No comments: