Tuesday, November 14, 2006

11/13 ME Squat

High Box Squat w/Chains 135x5, 185x5, 275x3, 315x2, 365x2, 405x2, 455x2, 500x2, 525x2
Wide Stance SSB GM's (into Chains) 185x4x6

Kinda surprised myself tonight. Wasnt planning on getting that high on the Squats. I set the box so it was just around parallel, i took some pictures and all the angles led me to believe it was parallel, it sure as hell felt like it. I only did two movements because the squats took longer than i had anticipated working up to my top sets. I originally planned on hitting around 455 for doubles but that felt way too easy, so i just kept going. The hardest part was unracking the bar, i aint a tall fella and it i should have changed the pin settings oh well. The 500 set was gonna be the end set but after i smoked that weight i figured what the hell, go for it, and 525 fell. The weight felt light on the back, especially on the box (Chains Deloaded) and my speed was good on these, no grinds. Cant wait for the next shot at these, now that i know what i can do. Time now for the GM synopsis....

This variety of Good Mornings with the Safety Squat Bar kick ass, and i literally feel them in my ass, lower back and hamstrings. I performed these into chains that were set a few inches below my belly button which made them harder than i anticipated. But i got em for the reps i intended and called it a night. Tomorrow i will finish the EDT accessory work with KB Swingthroughs and hanging leg raises with a 20 minute incline treadmill walk...Thats it for now folks, take care and Eat at Joe's!!!

2 comments:

Tig5165 said...

nice numbers

Powerlifter1974 said...

Thanks, i have really been trying to push myself on the Sq/DL over the last month and seem to be making progress....now i just gotta fix that pesky shoulder......