Saturday, February 17, 2007

Bench Meet Results

Not a bad day at all....

1st attempt 400 Smooth to Lockout

2nd Attempt 425 Easy Peasy Lemon Squeasy

3rd Attempt 450 Holy Crap-Leg Drive Rulz!!!

Everything went better than expected. The unexpected help from actually having legs involved was phenomenal. I easily had anywhere from 450-500 in me, I totally underestimated myself and figure I should have went higher, if only 4th attempts for non records were allowable....

I weighed in at 230 with my winter garb on (boots, sweatshirts, pants, etc...). I figured I wouldnt make the 220 class as my home scale had me at 220 even, and the last time on Daves meet scales I weighed 2 lbs heavy, so I just stepped on the scale in street clothes, what the hell, so what, so maybe I would have gotten a better trophy if I hadnt. The actually 220 class I had smoked if I would have cut the weight.

I ended up 2nd, though the guy that beat me was listed as a 275lb competitor on the flight sheet...whatever, he had a dbl-ply metal shirt and only made 455 and missed 505 pathetically 2 times, couldnt touch once and got stapled when he did touch....

Holy sour Grapes Chris!!! JK, I got my goal, 400 in competition, the rest was gravy and made me realize I need to fix my current winter situation of no leg drive, I was way off in my calculations of attempts. But this is the game, live and learn right?

Overall am very happy with the results, my drunken hands cant emit the jubilation i am feeling at this moment, so i will leave it at that....

My conterpart, Harold T Estes, had a great RAW showing, going 290, 310, and a 320 near miss at 198, and that was RAW baby!!!......Great Job Harold!!! and to boot we may have picked up 2 more cohorts for North East Barbell.....Hey Louie, Here we come!!!

Just kidding, give me a few more years then I may beable to say something blasphemous like that and mean it, but until then...thanks for the inspiration!!


Holy exclamation points Batman!!!!


Keep it Dark, Keep it Heavy

8 comments:

Alberto said...

50 pounds over prediction?!? Hey (raising the beer bottle), here's to ya! Awesome!!!

Huzz said...

All your benches looked effortless. Scary bro. You are looking at 500 with that 1980/90 technology based shirt. I could see some people trying to see what you were wearing...to funny.

Powerlifter1974 said...

Thanks Harold, that piece-o-crap shirt cracks me up. Dunno why it works so well for me, but I'll take it. Thanks for your help with the lift-offs and good job on your part!!!

Powerlifter1974 said...

Thanks Alberto, I most definitely surprised myself...was not expecting that at all...thanks for stopping by, take care

Ryan Stinn said...

Congrats, that's a huge bench especially in that shirt.

Powerlifter1974 said...

Thanks Stinndler, i figure use this piece-o-crap shirt for a bit more then move on to something better, thehshirt is a bit old and has threading coming off it, i may jsut go with an ephdhdhd as the material seems a bit more forgiving for my benching style...thanks for stopping by....

Powerlifter1974 said...

Thanks Stinndler, i figure use this piece-o-crap shirt for a bit more then move on to something better, thehshirt is a bit old and has threading coming off it, i may jsut go with an ephdhdhd as the material seems a bit more forgiving for my benching style...thanks for stopping by....

Ryan Stinn said...

You could try a phenom, same stretchy style material, it was the best of that generation of shirts. Plus you can get it in a softback.
BTW it's Stinn but blogger is using my google account now instead of my blogger account.