Thursday, February 01, 2007

01/30/07 Me Bench Brrrr......

2Bd Press w/Chains 135x5, 185x5, 225x3, 275x3, 300x3, 325x4x2
CG 4 BD Press 325x3, 365x3, 385x3, 405x3
EDT 12 Min PR Zone
P-Rows 225x3,3,3,3,3,3,3,3,3
Rear Delts 50x3,3,3,3,3,3,3,3,3

Hot Damn it was cold in the basement!!! This made for hard footing and no leg drive on the pressing. The coldness of the rubber on my sneakers coupled with the coldness of the rubber matting made for some slippery good times.
This combination made it extra hard on the pressing as trying to stablize, drive with the legs and stick to bench were all compromised. Thats what you get for training in a sub-zero basement huh? But at least I got no gym membership and I get to tear ass with reckless abandon...tonight was especially rotten I might add.

Anyway, the 2BDs were brutal, my lower back kept cramping up from the other nights ME Squat workout, those Chain Suspended Good Morning's really hit me good. So to add to slippery footing I had to compromise my already crappy arch. But all things aside I feel it was a productive workout, if anything it reinforced that you have to overcome crap and still perform under less than optimal conditions.

The CG 4 BD was a pleasant surprise, my last workout I only worked up to 365 for like 5 sets of 3, and if memory serves me correct that was all I had in me. Tonight the weights felt light on this movement. I performed all reps (on the 2BD as well) with around a 4 second pause after unracking/setting, complete pauses on the boards after the sink, and 4 second pause again at lockout. I read an article from Metal Militia in an old Pl'ing magazine where they performed board work in this fashion, lemme tell you, this shit hurts and will drastically cut the poundage you are able to use. I'll work this method into the mini-cycle I am currently in, and decide later if it proves productive.

I am really digging the EDT Triples portion of this training, the rest periods and low reps allow you to apply maximal force on each rep. I believe this will help me to control my body better in the long run. Rather than having muscle fibers firing inefficiently, this will help me to control it more. Good shit man!!

Thats all from my frozen neck of the woods...I really should move the hell out of New England, nothing here but frozen testicles and winter time depression.....

Keep it Dark, Keep it Heavy!!!

1 comment:

RhinoMight said...

awesome job! :)