Friday, June 08, 2007

06/07/07 DE Squat - I Quit

DE SSB Free Squat w/Avg Bands 250x8x2
Messed Around with overhead Box squats....

Man, I should have warmed up better. My lower back cramped up big time after the Safety Squat Bar Free Squat w/Average bands. After grinding out those I lost all motivation and abandoned the rest of the work out to try out something I read on Dan Johns site. Overhead Box Squats.

These things are brutal as all hell. My first set was atrocious but did get better with succeeding sets. I only ended on 135 for like 12 reps, but man, I felt like puking. My shoulders are not accustomed to bend back like they needed to. Anyway, they were fun to try, not sure if I will ever incorporate them full time, I am toying with the idea of putting a couple Dynamic effort sets after the main movement on DE Squat day, but we'll see. This appears to be a great overall movement.....anyway




Keep It Dark, Keep It Heavy



No Nonsense Nutrition DVD


No comments: