Tuesday, April 25, 2006

04/24 DE Bench-12 Week Cycle Start

DE Bench 185x5x3, 225x3, 275x2, 315x1
Shirt (Open Back) 315x1, 365x1, 385x1
KB Rows 93x3x8
KB Side/Front Swings 4 per movementx3x8
#8 Pin Press 315x5x3

Pretty good night, felt good to get back to the normal template of sorts. I branched off from the DE work to get in some shirt work. I opened the back of my shirt so i can pull it down farther and get it closer to my RAW groove. I am very glad i did this, the pop is much better at this new angle. I came to this conclusion after analyzing my form and determined that i cannot get the shirt down far enough with the back closed and it was causing me to bench higher on my chest. Since this was not my true ME day i stopped at the 385 which was my previous PR, this flew up so i know something is right about the shirt now. My plan for this is to incorporate more lockout work since i am getting more pop with the shirt this way. i was sweating my ass off by the end of this work out as all sets were done with 30 sec's rest, i actually felt a little sick to my stomach which i havent experienced in a long time,refreshing yet nauseating at the same time, make sense? oh well.... thats it for today.

5 comments:

Askinstoo said...

Hey! Very Nice! Check out this website I found where you can make extra cash.
It's not available everywhere, so go to the site and put
in your zipcode to see if you can find something. I found something and make
and extra $900 a month!

http://www.degree-programs-online.info/extramoney.htm

nhpowerlifter said...

I see you are getting some blog spam now. Nice work on the shirted bench. Will you shirt now be legal in the fed that you will be competing in?

PowerLifter1974 said...

I should be fine, its an apf meet and i believe i read in the rulebook they are allowed but you have to have the singlet straps up at all times.....gotta love that spam stuff, thats the second one i received from them, i responded to take me off whatever list they have me on, we;ll see if it works......

John McDonald said...

Chris, I don't think you ever mentioned what type of shirt you are using? Is it a Fury?
Also, when is this meet you will be doing?

PowerLifter1974 said...

John,
I use a Inzer Rage at the moment, will look into a Rage X next...The meet im doing is a Push/Pull in Newport ME, about 20 minutes from where i grew up. Figured i would visist the family up there and do a meet.