Monday, December 04, 2006

12/03 RE Bench

Paused Bench 135x8, 185x5, 225x3, 275x4x4
CGBP (The Gamut) 225x5
Lat Pull Down 100x3x10
Upright Row 105x3x8

Took it fairly easy tonight and am trying to ease back into the whole bench pressing routine. I will start back up with the traditional Westside approach next week. Not that I have really strayed too far from the path. Decided to do some RE work on the bench with paused reps at 80% of my last RAW max.. A good thing is the shoulder didnt hurt afterward. The reps were all paused for around 2-3 seconds and pressed as fast as i could possibly do them. Nothing too strenuous, but defnitely felt as though I accomplished something.

Next up was a new idea I copped from Jim Wendler at Elitefts. I just took a bar weight of 225 and performed Close Grip Bench Press first to the chest, then to a 1 Board, 2 Board, 3 Board, and finally to a 4 Board. I took 30 seconds rest between the sets which turned out to be about enough time to set up the boards. Again, all sets were paused and I really concentrated on a full body contraction to lockout. I was quite winded by the time I got to the 4th board.

Finished out with some Lat Pulldowns and Upright rows. This was an extremely short workout as I got to it late in the night with all the football going on. Total workout time was 27 minutes including a quick warmup, I was flying needless to say.

Thats it from here, next up is ME Squat/DL, which i believe will involve High Box SSB, possibly with chains or bands....havent decided, gotta check the schedule.......


No comments: