Tuesday, December 05, 2006

12/04 ME Squat

SSB High Box (Parallel) 155x5, 205x5, 245x3, 335x2, 385x2, 405x2, 425x2
Deficit Pulls Against Mini's 255x3x3
KB Single Arm Swing Thru 53x5x5
Ab Wheel 4x10

Nothing too flashy tonight, gonna do some ME Gear work with Rick next Monday so i kinda pussed out tonight and took it fairly easy, had a headache anyway and am fighting off the flu or something. But still, this bar always gives me a tough time, it amazes me the difficulty of this thing, truly humbling. I figure to hit these for a full 3 week cycle after me and Rick get together, these should throw a couple more pounds on the old Squat and DL. I know so far they have definitely thickened out my back. Good Shit man!!

Ahhh....The Deficit Pulls against Mini's, these suck no matter how you slice it. Your at an awkward position, your beat from the other movement, bands beat the shit out of you anyway.....yadda yadda...I performed these with a complete reset and set-up between each rep, really focused on the set-up, then pulled as fast and as hard as i could. This was more of a DE/RE approach but i like it that way. I find i get worked harder when i do total resets on all my pulls rather than get in a groove and just buzz along. Different strokes right?

The KB single swings really had my right shoulder hurting, this was weird, because for the last 3 weeks i have been doing the Double Handed variety with no pain, will keep an eye on this and adjust accordingly.

And Last but not least, the most intense exercise ever developed, the fast track to overtraining, the gut buster extraordinaire......The Ab wheel for 4 crushing sets of 10!!!! Actually today my abs are quite sore from this seemingly pussified movement, so i really shouldnt bag on it all that much.

Thats it, nothing more, nothing less.......Keep it Dark, Keep it Heavy!!!

No comments: