Friday, May 04, 2007

05/03/07


DE Free Squat w/Chains 255x8x2
DL Block Pulls 475x3x3
Giant Set
Pull Through 105x5,5,5,5,5
AB Wheel x5,5,5,5,5
SSB Calf Raises 315x5,5,5,5,5

Was quite happy to discover I had Free Squats w/chains. Prior to finding this out I didnt have much motivation to get down to the basement.

All sets were fast with a deep concentration of pushing out the knees in the hole. This helped with some great explosion out of the bottom. Next week I will go 255 for the first 4 sets, then 275 for the last 4 and check the speed. If all is good, the third week will see speed work with 275.....see the pattern, so pretty.

The Block Pulls (Think Rack Pull from Mid shin) went well. I focused on really snapping the weight up to lockout. I would be sure to take out all the tension then in one concerted move, pop to lockout. Felt very effective, especially this portion of my lift is weak. Productive.

Giant set was a pain in my arse, all movements performed back to back to back....a sweaty mess and a batch of Ball Soup. Now I just need some oyster crackers.....

Apparently there is a bench meet in a couple of weeks, I missed this one so will most likely attend to view and help out. With my added mass to my upper body I am not sure how my shirt fits and where the groove may be. But on a good note, my previously "Too big for me Rage" may fit just right. Unfortunately, being so close I dont think I would be properly prepared, and forking over $50.00 for a crappy bench meet doesnt seem to make sense right now......anyway, will keep you all posted.


Keep it Dark, Keep it Heavy!!!



No Nonsense Nutrition DVD

1 comment:

Michael said...

How much chain are you using?