Tuesday, May 01, 2007

04/30/07 ME Squat

SSB Low Box 155x5, 205x5, 245x3, 295x3, 335x3, 385x1, 405x3x2
SLDL 315x4x6
10 Minute EDT
AB Pulldown 100x5,5,5,5,5,5,5,5,5
Calf Raises 245x5,5,5,5,5,5,5,5,5

Not too bad of a work out, felt good to train with a bit of a purpose. But man, my GPP is in the crapper!!!

Worked up to some fairly easy doubles on the low box with the safety squat bar. Last time I performed 405 doubles I only got 2 sets of 2 in the 2nd week of them. So I guess I am ahead of the curve. I forgot how hard this bar is on you, today my upper back is sore as hell.

Stiff Leg Deadlifts absolutely killed my hamstrings. They are tight as hell today, which is good right? Next week I will up the weight and lower the volume. This will continue over the next 3 weeks until I am performing triples for this movement....

EDT was what it was, I was totally gassed by this time so these weights actually killed me, it felt like my lungs were gonna explode, thank god they didnt, I find them important to the breathing process!!!

Thats it from....Keep it Dark, Keep it Heavy........

2 comments:

Michael said...

Hey bro, how low is your box? Thats a solid SSB workout! Also, saw you did chain extensions the previous workout, I may give those a try Saturday. Keep at it!

Powerlifter1974 said...

Hey Mike,
Good to see you back around....Thanks on the SSB Comment, those friggin things are killers!! I have my Low Box set for approximately 1 inch below parallel and my high box right at parallel. Those Chains extensions are brutal I tell you, walked around for threes feeling like someone was jabbing needles in the back of my arm.....welcome bakc holmes