Thursday, May 31, 2007

05/30/2007 ME Bench/Shoulder????

Overhead Press w/Chains95x5, 105x5, 135x5, 145x3, 155x1
Bench Press 135x5, 225x3, 260x3, 275x3, 300x6
Barbell Bent Row 225x6, 255x6, 275x6, 300x6
Low Cable Rear Delts 20x4x6

Holy Crap, my shoulders are killing me today, as a matter of fact my whole upper body is toast!! this is the first week in a new approach to sort of train around my left Pec Strain/Tear or whatever the hell that thing was....and I can sum it up in one word....Painful!!!

The Overhead Presses with chains proved hard, this isnt your garden variety chain work as the chains are off the ground the whole time and swingin-n-swayin...all the little muscles for stabilizing got owned on this movement. My top set will go up next week as I now know the movement, and wont waste as much energy getting there.

The Bench Press felt pretty good, no twinging in the titty. I am guessing it was a minor tear, but I still stopped short. Actually felt like working up but checked the ego and moved on...this was a good sign. I probably had a couple more in me but didnt want a break down in form to cause another booby-tear.....

Barbell Bents rows were done differently than normal, I did them in the pendalay fashion, but used a bit more body english than in the past, this definitely caused an overload effect for me on this. I used straps on the top set as my grip was wearing thin. (I have been doing grip exercises in spare time to compensate for my DL miss a couple weeks ago)

Low Cable Rear Delts was a new movement, I discovered I could probably do it after determining dumbbells are just too boring...Could definitely feel remnants of my right shoulder problems on this one....will keep an eye on this pain and manage it accordingly.

Well, thats it from here. Guess we'll see where this approach takes me, hopefully to a shoulder-pain-free life of extravagance!!!



Keep it Dark, Keep it Heavy!!!


No Nonsense Nutrition DVD

No comments: