Monday, October 22, 2007

Deload Bench & A Question....

Bench Press 135x5, 185x3, 225x3, 275x3, 305x3, 325x2, 345x2, 365x2
CG Foam Press for Reps 225x3 Sets of Dunno, Stopped when tired.....
One Arm Seated Rows 50x3 Sets of Dunno, Stopped when tired.....

Saturday
Climbed Mt Uncanoonuc and lifted, threw, and handled rocks for around 20 minutes straight, killed the shoulders....

That was the end of my deload. My bench was just a simple work up, nothing too stressful, which is good. I dont ever remember doubling 365 as not being stressful, guess I'm Making progress. Now, onto Q&A.....

Isaac from PA Asks:

"What do you do on Deload Weeks? How do you choose your exercises?"

Powerlifting Etc Answers:

Hello Isaac, my deload workouts vary and are realy picked at the last second. I just make sure not to go too heavy or get too crazy with the volume, whether it be squat, deadlift, or bench. I like to take these weeks as time to experiment with other lifts, training styles, or conditioning activities. Below is a more traditional deload program I used to do and recommend to anyone:

ME Bench Day Deload - Accessory work only, no main movement. Hit the Triceps, Upper Back, and Shulders then call it a day.
ME Squat Day Deload - Accessory work only, no main movement. Hit the Lower back, Hamstrings, and Abs
DE Bench Day Deload - Do your normal workout. I wave Dynamic Effort Day independant of ME Days
DE Squat Day Deload - Do your normal workout. I wave Dynamic Effort Day independant of ME Days

or even this....


ME Bench Day Deload - Main Movement Only, Work up to around 70%, Then get some volume in with Doubles or Triples, use this day to work form on the actual lift, Practice with your gear if you like, No Accessory work.
ME Squat Day Deload - Main Movement Only, Work up to around 70%, Then get some volume in with Doubles or Triples, use this day to work form on the actual lift, Practice with your gear if you like, No Accessory work.
DE Bench Day Deload - Do your normal workout. I wave Dynamic Effort Day independant of ME Days
DE Squat Day Deload - Do your normal workout. I wave Dynamic Effort Day independant of ME Days

These are just recommendations and not set in stone, I know of people that will not even go to the gym for deload weeks, so go figure. At the end of the day you need to sit back and find what works for you, Experiment!!! My deloads are bit on the eccentric side by including mountain climbing, rock throwing, complexes and experiments. But its what keeps me sane and motivated for powerlifting. So I suggest you experiment a bit, find what works for you, and get stronger. Hope this helped.



Keep it Dark, Keep it Heavy

No comments: