Thursday, January 04, 2007

01/03/07 ME Bench

Floor Press w/Mini's135x5, 185x5, 225x3, 245x1, 285x3x3
CG Chain Lockouts 315x3, 365x3, 375x2x3
12 Minute EDT (Triples)
Palms Facing Pull-Ups BWx3,3,3,3,3,3,3,3,3,3
Side Delts 25x3,3,3,3,3,3,3,3,3,3

Holy crap everything felt heavy tonight!!! I am still figthing this head cold which I believe to be the cause of this "Heavy" feeling. But the good thing is I was able to beat what I did on the previous cycle, thats progress right?

The Floor Presses were pure grinders, every single one of them. The last one I fought to lockout for a good 10 seconds, my head was ready to explode with all the pressure, jeez. But, as with all sets that feel super heavy yet manage to get, I got that feeling of pride when you know you just accomplished something under subpar conditions, I'll take it.

The CG Chain Lockouts were no less brutal than the Floor Presses and the last set was the worst. Again I fought the weight for a good 10 seconds before getting the lockout, another moment of pride!!! Beat the total voume of weight from last time too, so all is well.

The EDT session wasnt too bad but I could feel the old stamina hound catching up to me. The intensity on this isnt too bad but its the dynamics that make you feel it. All movements are peformed with explosive, yet controlled force. I try and apply maximum force to the weight on each rep with total resets between reps. Good stuff and very poductive feeling.

Thats it from my part of the universe, so until next time, Keep it Dark, Keep it Heavy!!


No comments: