Tuesday, January 16, 2007

01/15/07 ME Squat

SSB Low Box Squat 155x5, 205x3, 245x2, 295x1, 335x1, 385x1, 405x1, 405x1, 425x1, 455x1PR
Rev Hyper 110x4x6
EDT 12 Min Pr Zone
SLDL 295x3,3,3,3,3,3,3,3,3
Ab Pulldown 115x3,3,3,3,3,3,3,3,3

Pretty happy with the squat results, around a month ago I tried 455 high box and failed at it, now I hit it on the low box variety, cant complaint with that. I cant praise this bar enough and you guys are probably sick of hearing it, but this thing simply makes you strong and has a ton of uses. If any of you have a chance to try one do it. They hurt a bit and make your head feel like its gonna pop off, but when you switch back to a regular bar its smooth tits.

Rev Hypers had my back tight by the end of them, these are one of those movements I friggin hate, but can feel the strength in my lower back coming up. One more week of these and I move on.

I missed my goal on EDT, I was supposed to hit 30 Reps within the 12 minutes but brainfarted and missed it, no problem though, will hit it next week easily and move on.

On a side note, how about them Patriots? Complete underdogs against the Chargers and those nimrods hand us the game. We had no business winning that one, we played like shit and had no rythmn, thank god for our defense...onto Indianapolis where I suspect we are going to see one hell of a game.....until next time, Keep it Dark, Keep it Heavy!!!

3 comments:

Kris said...

Rave on dude! My SSB is all set in the gym, awaiting the training mayhem that will ensue after the virtual meet. Thinking of doing the EliteFTS 12-week beginners program using the SSB for all DE squat work (there's some heavy singles in there as well). Can't wait, can't wait... In the meantime, feel free to tell me more about how nasty headaches I will be enjoying from this bar, how I will desperately grab the handles for more torture and how my low back will scream in the throes of sado-masochistic pain.

Powerlifter1974 said...

your gonna love/hate that thing, trust me....but at the end of the day your upper/lower back are gonna get incredibly strong. Hit me back after your first session and let me know how it went.....dont be bummed out if you get humbled by this bar, i suspect it happens to best of em....

Kris said...

Will do. :-)