Thursday, January 11, 2007

01/10/07 ME Bench

Floor Press w/Mini's 135x5, 185x3, 225x2, 245x2, 285x3, 295x2, 295x3x1
Chain Lockouts 315x4x6
EDT 12 Min Pr Zone
PF Pull Ups BWx3,3,3,3,3,3,3,3,3,3,3
Side Raise 25x3,3,3,3,3,3,3,3,3,3,3

Well, its probably a good thing this is the last week for Floor Press with Mini's, my shoulder started hurting a bit by the end sets. I think in the future I will limit the Band use to two week mini cycles as the 3 weeks seems to be too much. Hopefully there will be no lasting damage, I should have stopped at the first twinge, but no, I pressed on (pardon the pun).

The original plan was to work up to 3 sets of 3 with 295, this quickly changed as I felt pretty weak. Alot of factors caused this, around 3 hours sleep, still recovering from flu, and lifting at a different time than I am used to. Another thing that probably didnt help was I let my son exercise with me. Basically he just runs around and lifts tiny DB's, messes with the bands and punches his blow up Batman punching bag. Then, like a good little lifter, he writes his results into my work out log. With the new arrival I am trying to pay him extra attention so he doesnt get jealous and feel unwanted. But excuses are for pussies so I will stop there. The 285 for 3 was slow as molasses and I knew I was being owned, the gameplan changed to 295 for doubles which in turn changed to singles, then me quitting....your basic spiral, like a turd down the toilet if you will. Was still happy with the effort, I could have quit but didnt. This shit builds character right?

Based on the Floor Press, I went lower intensity with higher volume on the Chain Lockouts, these proved brutal and had my triceps pumped. From there I finished up with EDT and proceeded to sweat my nads off. I then iced my shoulder which has got to be one of the things I dread most in this world. It aint so bad after the numbness sets in, but getting there is the shit part. I feel like a little sissy girl squirming and whining, waiting for the numb.....Good shit I assure you, try it sometime!!!


Good Bye for Now......



No comments: