Monday, January 01, 2007

01/01/07 ME Squat

SSB Low Box 155x3, 205x3, 245x3, 295x3, 335x3, 365x3, 385x3
Rev Hypers 70x8, 80x6, 90x2x6
EDT 12 Minute Pr Zone (Triples)
SLDL 295x3,3,3,3,3,3,3,3
Ab Pulldown 115x3,3,3,3,3,3,3,3

Well, I'm back. Got a new daughter and an 8 week training cycle all planned out. It feels nice. I spent last week eating like crap, fighting a cold, and having a daughter. Quite a week actually. Spending most of the week in the hospital and being sick as a dog didnt exactly get me motivated to do any weight related stuff, so I did a total deload, Nothing, Nada, Zilch!!!

The Safety Squat Bar, Low Box Squat, went better than anticipated. I originally planned on just going up to 365x3 and easing back into the swing of things, but the 365 felt uber-light so I went to 385 and got those relatively easy, Next week should be fun!!

Rev Hypers felt easier than normal as well, and I was quite happy, originally had 70 for 4x6 planned, but the deload apparently benefitted me more than I anticipated. Good shit man, next week I will bump it up and hit it heavier, still took it easy as the old body is still recovering from the flu last week.

The EDT session was where my recent ailment caught up to me. My stamina went out the window and I felt tired as hell by the end of them. I will easily surpass these numbers on my next outing. Will probably bump up the SLDL to 315 and go from there, the pulldowns will be upped as well.

All in all this first one back was quite nice, I guess there really is something to this De-Load crap......Keep It Dark, Keep It Heavy!!!!

1 comment:

Kris said...

Congratulations to the whole family on account of its newest member! If you feel like it, don't hesitate to post a photo however un-powerliftish that may feel. :-D