Tuesday, August 14, 2007

08/12 ME Squat & 8/13 DE Bench

Speed Bench w/Monster Minis 165x9x3
#9 Pin Presses 315x5, 385x5, 405x5
Justin Harris Seated Rope Rows 75x3x12
Complex for shoulder with 35lb plate

Monster Mini's Blow, how's that for a rant?

Pin presses blew up the triceps, I will adjust the weight up next week as I havent done these in so long, I opened light.

Im not sure sure how many of you subscribe to the ELiteFTS newsletter, but Justin Harris described a movement that hits your lats like nobodies business. They are basically Seated Rows with the Tricep Pushdown rope, but you lean as far forward as you can and pull to your belly. When you are in the forward position you must really concentrate on letting the scapula extend out. Man, the first set I thought it was a chump exercise, but by the end of the third set I felt otherwise. Anybody interested in doing these ought to check out the Q&A on Elite, thats where he addressed these.

To close out I did some complexes for the shoulder with a 35lb plate, I started by laying on the bench and doing an exaggerated pullover, then I sat up and did a seated front raise, then into shoulder pressing. these were all one giant set with no rest between movement. I lost track of the reps, but they were high is all I know. Something popped in the shoulder and I felt a tremendous relief of the normally painful area. Kinda weird, but I'll keep an eye on it...until next time....



Keep it Dark, Keep it Golden.....



Tell Me You Dont Think Bea Arthur Is Hot...




Oh yeah, here's the squatting from the other day.....

Low Box Squat w/Chains 240x5, 285x3, 335x2, 385x1, 435x3,2,3
Single Arm KB Swing Thru 53x4x10
Ab wheeel 4x12
DBL AvG Band GM's

Alright night, wasnt too into it. On the 435 I was supposed to get 3x3, but I lost my breath on the second set, third rep. Almost passed out on the third set third rep, good stuff. This weight represented 90% of my last max on this movement. Not sure what I will do next week, play it by feel. I may hit a new PR or get some volume in, undecided at the moment.

No comments: