Thursday, August 30, 2007

08/29/07 DE Squat/DL

SSB DE Box Squat 275x8x2
DE High Pull Off Blocks 225x1 Set of 3 singles, 205x3 Sets of 3 singles
Pull Thrus 130x3x10
Ab/Obliques Pulldown 100x3x8

Safety Squat Bar Dynamic Effort Squat is a true powerlifting gem and I highly recommend these to anyone that can get their hands on one. Again, I went with a higher percentage on my speed work and my lower back paid for it. By the 4th set it was so pumped I felt like crying like a wee little girl. But alas, I held back the tears, pulled up my panties, and pressed on.

Ahhh....Dynamic Effort High Pulls, the trap killers!!! I ended up dropping the weight a bit to really work on the explosiveness of the movement. I took my time on set up, took out all slack and really popped the weight up, definitely in line with the true nature of the dynamic effort...the powerlifting gods would have been proud.

Pull throughs and pulldowns were hard for some reason, I think it may have something to do with the slight head cold I am working my way through at the moment. My breathing was like that of Oprah Winfrey eyeballing a Ho-Ho....deep and pathetic. Again, rather than quit, I hiked up my skidded knickers and trudged on. (who the hell uses the word trudge anymore besides me? I think I have used it at least 20 times in the last month, I will work on this minor character flaw, dont worry)



Powerlifting




Keep it Dark, Keep it Heavy...

No comments: