Wednesday, October 25, 2006

10/25 ME Bench

Floor Press w/Minis 135x5, 185x5, 225x3, 245x3, 265x3, 275x3, 285x3
Chain Lockouts 315x3, 345x3, 365x3, 375x3
EDT 12 Min Pr Zone (Triples)
Pull-Ups BWx3,3,3,3,3,3,3,3,3,3,3
Front Raise 20x3,3,3,3,3,3,3,3,3,3,3

Well the pressing portions felt stronger this week. I was figuring to only hit what I did last week with an extra rep or set. The 285 was fast on the first two but on the last rep it was slow as all hell, a grind, but I got it. That’s the shit part about bands, if you don’t hit the tension with some speed its like slamming the brakes on, you just stop. I normally didn’t like this movement but am liking it more and more (Exercise + Bands = Fun). Before I figured out how to do my set up for this the bar would sit high, like a 1 BD press, now I get my set up where in the bottom position it mimics a bench press with legs up. The bottom position is held so there is no bounce, I think if you did attempt to bounce on this one you would most likely break/injure your wrist….good stuff. Only one more week for this one then its de-load…..

The Chain Lockouts were much stronger this week. Not sure what was up with me last week, but everything felt super heavy. Probably because of the meet now that I think of it. This movement is set for two more weeks before I swap it up. I am really glad I bought the 10 feet of chain to do this sort of stuff, it is similar to working with boards but you get no bounce, just a dead stop in the chains then press….painful in a good way!!

The EDT stuff is what is is, very tiring and sweat inducing, and for light weights, painful. This new approach I like, by going with triples it allows you to produce maximum force on each rep, which in turns turns into better muscle recruitment, end diagnosis?……good shit man…..

All in all it was a good workout, I felt well rested and ready when I got down there which always helps. Having a plan is a plus, I always shave some loosely based thing going on but I seem to focus better when I put it to paper and hang it on my dry-erase, I am definitely a visual creature……So from my piece of the galaxy to yours, Keep it Dark, Keep It Heavy!!!

No comments: