Tuesday, October 31, 2006

10/30 ME Squat

SSB Low BOx Squat 115x5, 155x5, 245x3, 295x2, 335x1, 365x3x2
Rev Hyper 70x4x6
EDT 12 Min Pr Zone (Triples)
SLDL 255x3,3,3,3,3,3,3,3,4
AB Pulldowns 100x3,3,3,3,3,3,3,3,4

Well i was all motivated during the day but come lifting time i got a headache from my little rodent acting like a mutant. This has been his thing when he gets home from the sitters. So with headache intact i headed down stairs for one of the most unmotivated yet grueling sessions in a long time. The SSB's were tough as hell as the box is set around 3-4 inches below parallel, thismakes it extremely tough on the lower back. So needless to say my back pumped up to a crazy painful level. At noon i had all the plans in the world to hit a 405 single or something like that, but this was not to happen today, oh well, at least i got my strain on.

Next up was Rev Hyper's which only further tightened my back, what am i doing to myself? Anyway, i pushed thru these and almost quit. Usually when i have a headache while lifting, a couple of heavy sets takes care of it and im alright, not tonight the Bea Arthur!!! My head was pounding, but figuring that i will be on vacation for the rest of the week i pressed on....

EDT was up next and about ended the existence known as me....i had to lay down on the ground in between each superset until my rest period expired, truly grueling and tested my mettle (yes that is spelled right Encyclopedia Brown, go check it out!) Anyway after a 12 minute long argument with myself in my head, i finished this friggin workout and kinda felt like puking, not tonight though thankfully. This was just one of those nights that i chalk up to experience. I got my ME strain in and that is all that counts, i learned from it. I learned that i need to fully stretch out my lower back or i suffer these sort of consequences. I skimped on the stretching today and paid the price....Idiot!!! But that is what life is all about right? Trial & Error? Live & Learn? etc.....whatever .....Keep It Dark, Keep It Heavy!!!

3 comments:

Kris said...

You've got the attitude down all right. Like you, I usually find that most headaches pack their bag after a few heavy sets. Wonder why though. Might have to do something with lifting increasing blood circulation or pressure, too tired to google on that right now. Anyway, good lifting does not always equal heavy poundages... to me, a good session is to beat the odds whether they are a new PR or an aching lower back. Don't worry if that doesn't make any sense, my diet has me down at too low calories by now. ;-)

Michael said...

I started having the same problems when my daughter got home from daycare. That aside, your workouts are looking good. I like some of the ideas you use for your support work. Keep at it bro!

Powerlifter1974 said...

Thanks guys, Kris stick with it and you'll reap the rewards....Mike, good to see you back around, hope the back gets better soon, good luck with the new bench routine...