Friday, October 27, 2006

10/26 DE Squat/DL

Speed Box Squat w/Chains 250x8x3
Speed Pulls 265x12x1
EDT 10 Minute Pr Zone
Hanging Leg Raise BWx5,5,5,5,5,5,5,5,5
Pull Throughs 100x5,5,5,5,5,5,5,5,5

Things were pretty fast tonight, felt the speed was where it should be and force generated was optimal. Again, I was quite motivated to workout which I think helped with the reps being fast and clean.

The Speed Pulls were done in a different fashion than I usually do them, this is courtesy of Marc Bartley of South Carolina Barbell. I use to do one rep then 30 sec rest, then perform the next. Well after getting a membership to his video section of his website (very inspirational btw) I decided to do them in sets of 3 where between each rep I walk away from the bar and reapproach it then pull. After 3 reps I would rest 30 sec’s and repeat. I liked it better this way and it was more efficient, good shit peeps!!

EDT as usual was grueling, but worth it afterward as I laid on the ground in a sweaty heap, now there’s a visual most of you probably could have gone without. I do like the implementation of this into the Westside Template, cuts down the workout time and guesswork of set/repscheme as well. Keep It Simple Stupid……


1 comment:

Powerlifter1974 said...

yeah, i think its happens because as of late i have been typing them up in Mocrosoft Word and cutting and pasting.....gonna go back to theold way.......