Thursday, March 08, 2007

03/07/07 ME Squat

SSB High Box w/Chains 155x5, 205x3, 245x3, 295x2, 335x1, 355x3, 405x2 Fuck Me!!!
SLDL 315x5, 365x5, 365x5
Ab Pulldowns 120x3x8
SSB Calf Raises 300x3x8

This must have been the most retarded workout I have had in awhile. I had to lift late due to the old ladies schedule, so I tried to squeeze it in between the two shows I watch on Weds night, "Jericho" and "Lost". I have one hour to get my shit done then back upstairs to find out whats going on with that kooky island.

Needless to say my mindset was not where it should have been and I hurried myself.

Have you ever driven somewhere and after you have arrived, you sat and wondered how you got there? No recollection of the drive in between? Thats how I was, by the time I got to ab pulldowns I was experiencing this very same phenomena....

I do remember that Safety Squat Bar High Box Squats w/Chains are friggin brutal. Its bad enough you got the weight itself trying to shoot you forward, but now I had the chains set out in front of the load trying to bring me down. Talk about killing your arch? So anyway, I think in my haste I got a bit too lofty in my weight picking.

After reviewing my previous shot at High BOx SSB I hit a 455PR, this set up I had tonight was around 475 at the top and not a hell of a lot of deload at the bottom due to the shape of the bar. My original plan of tripling this weight got squashed on the 2nd rep where I almost passed out re-racking it...There's always next time....

Straight Leg Deadlifts hit my hamstrings/lower back hard. My body is still sore from the heavy moving this past weekend so I'm sure that didnt help. But regardless, I have never gone this heavy on this movement before, I usually keep the weight around 275-315, guess those days are over now I set the bar higher right?

The Abs and Calves werent anything special and pretty much thrown in for filler, I was beat after doing this and couldnt understand why, then I looked at the clock, this workout took me 35 minutes from beginning to end. I was cranking so hard to get it over with I totally screwed my rest periods...oh well, at least I had time to relax before my silly ass watched Lost....how gay am I?

Keep It Dark, Keep It Heavy!!!!

No comments: