Wednesday, March 14, 2007

03/12/07 ME Bench

Bench Press w/Mini's 135x5, 185x5, 225x3, 245x3, 275x4x2
3 Board Bench Press (CG) 365x 4x4
Chain Suspended Overhead Press 205x3x5
Ano Rows 130x4x8

This proved to be quite a workout, my shoulder held up nicely though. I backed off of DE Bench day last week and am toying with the idea of cycling SE Shoulder Pressing 3 weeks, then DE Bench for 3 weeks, Since I threw in Shoulder pressinfg a few weeks ago my shoulder has gotten considerably better. Thats what this whole thing is about anyway right? Experiment and keep what works, get rid of that which does not....Give it time I guess....

Soooo....Bench Press with Mini Bands proved harder than I anticipated. I had visions of 315 for 3 sets of 3, then reality set in. These things sucked!!! I couldnt even muster 275 for 3 sets of 3, so I adapted and ovecame with the Doubles. Not quite sure how much tension was provided by the mini's but it was more than I originally figured. Guess-ti-mating I would say there was 30 at the bottom and 80-90 at the top, possibly more. I dont really have a good way of figuring this out, so I will just worry about the bar weight for now.

The set up had tension throughout the movement as I had them doubled over the bar, no chokes. This doubled the tension and worked the movement from start to finish. Got two more weeks of this one, am curious to see where I will end up...

The Close Grip 3 board proved hard as well, my triceps were burning from trying to out-run the bands on the previous movement. These pauses absolutely killed me and had twinges starting in the shoulder, so I cut it short, originally planned on 4x5 on this movement. Will move on to 2 Board Close Grip next week...cant wait!!

Last week for the Chain Suspended Overhead Press, was glad I got 3x5 on this after lasts weeks stark realization that these things suck to do after some heavy pressing, but that which doesnt kill you only makes you stronger right?
I suspect part of my shoulder issues may be a muscle imbalance as I have neglected overhead pressing for quite some time. Ironically Mike Johnston just wrote an article this past week about a very similar issue he was having, great minds think alike right?

Scheduled to be the last week for what I have dubbed the Ano Row after Ano Turtianen, its really just a bent over row from a low pulley type source, he actually used a reverse hyper, I used a low pulley...same diff right? May keep them around for one more week as it is only an accessory movement and I really dig it...

Thats it for now, be sure to tune in next time for the results of Mine and Harolds Full Gear, ME Squat night....a night of PR's and skidmarks for sure!!!!



Keep it Dark, Keep it Heavy!!!




No Nonsense Nutrition DVD

No comments: