Sunday, May 21, 2006

05/21 ME DL

Deadlift 135x5, 225x5, 275x3, 315x2, 365x1, 405x1, 455x1, 525xMiss 510x1PR 460x3x1
KB Swingthru 53x3x15
Mini Band Leg Curl 3x12
Ab Pulldown Bands 3x15

Well this should have went better but i was too impatient. I went straight to the 525 and should have hit something in between. It wasnt a bad miss and i probably should have done it again. I missed the lockout and couldnt roll my shoulders for a complete lift. I decided to drop and at least get a PR for this lift. I will come back to the Deadlift in 4 weeks and see where i am at. The 460 down sets were pretty good definitely worked me good. While part of me was bummed at the 525 miss, i am still optimistic considering many other factors so i wont complain too much. I supersetted the KB Swingthrus and Leg Curls and took 30 sec rests in between so i was a sweaty mess by the end of it all......Well thats about it for now, not quite the PR i was looking for but a PR none the less...Until next time, Keep it Dark, Keep it Heavy..........

2 comments:

nhpowerlifter said...

a PR is a PR. nice job. how will you address this issue? more rack pulls or deadlifts with Chains?

PowerLifter1974 said...

The next phase of my 12 approach will address this with rack pulls, the first part was to help build speed off the floor which it did, now i will train the top portion to lockout what i can now clear from the floor.....should be interesting....