Monday, September 03, 2007

09/02/07 ME Squat

High Box w/Avg Bands 135x5, 225x5, 275x3, 315x3, 365x3, 405x2, 435x2, 455x2
Monster Mini Leg Curls 3x12
Spread Eagle Sit-Ups 3x12

Well, things went better than expected. I finally figured out a way to choked the bands on my squat in suh a way that I can replicate the same tension each time. Roughly translated, I have now added a new facet to my training which will propel my total upwards. Powerlifting Rocks!!!

Not sure exactly how much tension is at the top, but its enough to pancake you if your not careful. Coming out of the hole is fast, then someone throws the breaks on at the top. Good stuff!!

Starting out I wasnt sure how I would peform, too many beers and not much sleep makes chris a weak weenie. I also did some hiking on saturday so the legs were still in a bit of a DOMS state. I knew at 365 I should be fine, I had the blood flowing and the energy started coming back.

405 flew, as did 435 (which incidentally was my pre workout goal) and I just couldnt let it go. Load the bar to 455 sucka!!! The first rep flew up, the second got there but in an ugly fashion. A bit of a Good Morning to finish it out. I lost my breathe on the box and could have just as easily quit, but being the stubborn ass that I am, 455 needed to be doubled today!!! And it was....

The rest was ho hum and I was beat. Basically did the accessory work just to say I did it....Well folks, thank you for tuning in again to my corner of the powerlifting world. Until next time....




Keep it Dark, Keep it Heavy!!!



P.S. Just got word this morning, there is going to be an APA Full Power meet coming up in January. About damn time they bring a full meet to New Hampshire!!!

No comments: