Monday, September 17, 2007

09/17/2007 ME Squat

High Box Squat w/Average Bands 240x5 285x3, 335x2, 385x1, 435x1, 475x1, 505x1-PR Established
Deadlifts w/Mini's 135x3, 225x3, 315x2x3
Monter Mini Leg Curls 3x15
Spread Eagle Sit-Ups 3x12

Well, I was quite happy with today. Was a bit unsure going into this session what I would get. I climbed the local mountain on Fri and Sat, Friday was a fairly easy hike, Saturday was a bit more brutal as the incline was around 70 degrees most of the way, and it was raining, tweaked my right knee o n a slippery ass rock, but I'll survive. To boot, I got lost twice in the woods, so total time going up was around 1.5 hours. Thank god for my Rambo-like senses, otherwise I would have been screwed. See ma, watching Rambo all those times actually did help me out in my later life....Enough about hiking, this is a powerlifting blog right?

Again, uncertainty set in around 335, wasnt sure if my quads and knee would hold up. Totally pre-exhausted form the previous days endeavors. Slapped on the belt at 385 and things started to feel a bit better, 435 flew, 475....smoked....505 ugh!!! This sucker came off the box fast, but the brakes got thrown on about 3 inches out of the hole, gotta love bands. I fought through this sucker, racked it, and decided to call it. The volume was down from the previous two weeks, but the body was beat up and I felt it necessary to stop here. Next week is a deload so I should benefit from this immensely.

Deadlifts against mini bands were brutal as all hell. With my set-up they are basically doubled over and provide around 200+lbs at the top, you wanna talk about resistance, jeez. All reps are performed with a total reset, Stand up, regrip, and pull. I find it much harder this way, in time I guess we'll see if it pays dividends. Powerlifting is about finding that which makes you stronger, so I cant be too far off the mark, at least the mindset is there, but will the body follow? Stay tuned...

Not much else to report, other than the Patriots rule!!! They beat up on the San Diego Chargers in good fashion, its definitely shaping up to be a championship year for sure.



A Tribute to a True American Hero...

powerlifting


Keep it Dark, Keep it Heavy!!!

No comments: