Thursday, January 12, 2006

ME Squat-New Rack

Boy was i wrong!! I figured i would spend my whole night putting together my new Power Rack and then veg out and go to bed, ehhh!!!! Wrong answer!!! well i got the thing together then went upstairs and watched "Making Music with Elmo" with my son, i guess this must have fired me up because i then proceeded downstairs and decided to do some full squatting in my training suit (Inzer Champion-Very loose) with loose knee wraps, that being said here is what transpired:

Squat w/Loose suit, loose knee wraps 135x5, 225x3, 275x2, 315x1, 365x1, 405x1, 455x1, 500x1, then I ended on 515x1
Suspend Good Mornings (raw) 225lbsx3x8

Went pretty well considering i had no idea until 20 minutes before that i was gonna do this. The volume on the squats fried me, i didnt plan the path to well and i think i took too many singles leading up to the last. I'm still pretty happy as i have dropped weight and Body Fat, down to 202 from around 210 a few weeks ago. Going into the last sets i knew i was porked but pressed on anyway, i was gonna throw on 525 but cheesed out. I'm figuring in another month i will take another max with my comp suit and full on wraps, hoping to get 550lbs. In due time i guess..........Anyway after this whole rig-a-ma-roll i rearranged the rest of my basement and cleaned some shit up (long overdue!!) I can see already that getting a regular style squat rack is gonna add some poundage to my total, now if i can just get my damned bench shirt i can go do a friggin meet!!! Well thats it for now so i will leave you with this piece of sage advice.....When you go heavy wear black underwear, cuz brown and white aint cool!!

3 comments:

nhpowerlifter said...

Nice work Chris. A 550 squat is pretty damn good. You'll be on your way to 600 by summer. Do you think you get much from the loose Inzer Champion?

PowerLifter1974 said...

Hey Rick, hows the new rack? i love mine, as far as the loose Inzer i dont think i got much out of it, definitely not alot in the whole anyway, i figure this is because is dropped a few pounds as well, i also didnt adjust my belt to accomodate for the new waistline so the outlook at this point is good. Training is definitely working!!! This Inzer is size 50, i got a size 46 as well which will fit tighter and give me more pop and keep the back arch. Next time i go for it i plan on using the 46 and see what i can truly top out at fully equipped and adjusted, but this was still fun!!!

nhpowerlifter said...

The new rack is great. I'd rather have a full rack, but this will do for now. It will enable me to lift like I want to.