Thursday, January 12, 2006

ME Squat-New Rack

Boy was i wrong!! I figured i would spend my whole night putting together my new Power Rack and then veg out and go to bed, ehhh!!!! Wrong answer!!! well i got the thing together then went upstairs and watched "Making Music with Elmo" with my son, i guess this must have fired me up because i then proceeded downstairs and decided to do some full squatting in my training suit (Inzer Champion-Very loose) with loose knee wraps, that being said here is what transpired:

Squat w/Loose suit, loose knee wraps 135x5, 225x3, 275x2, 315x1, 365x1, 405x1, 455x1, 500x1, then I ended on 515x1
Suspend Good Mornings (raw) 225lbsx3x8

Went pretty well considering i had no idea until 20 minutes before that i was gonna do this. The volume on the squats fried me, i didnt plan the path to well and i think i took too many singles leading up to the last. I'm still pretty happy as i have dropped weight and Body Fat, down to 202 from around 210 a few weeks ago. Going into the last sets i knew i was porked but pressed on anyway, i was gonna throw on 525 but cheesed out. I'm figuring in another month i will take another max with my comp suit and full on wraps, hoping to get 550lbs. In due time i guess..........Anyway after this whole rig-a-ma-roll i rearranged the rest of my basement and cleaned some shit up (long overdue!!) I can see already that getting a regular style squat rack is gonna add some poundage to my total, now if i can just get my damned bench shirt i can go do a friggin meet!!! Well thats it for now so i will leave you with this piece of sage advice.....When you go heavy wear black underwear, cuz brown and white aint cool!!

1 comment:

Powerlifter1974 said...

Hey Rick, hows the new rack? i love mine, as far as the loose Inzer i dont think i got much out of it, definitely not alot in the whole anyway, i figure this is because is dropped a few pounds as well, i also didnt adjust my belt to accomodate for the new waistline so the outlook at this point is good. Training is definitely working!!! This Inzer is size 50, i got a size 46 as well which will fit tighter and give me more pop and keep the back arch. Next time i go for it i plan on using the 46 and see what i can truly top out at fully equipped and adjusted, but this was still fun!!!